Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Verse Left Not Underlined


Today I was reading 1 John 3. 1 John is one of my most highlighted and underlined books in my Bible. I was reading through this passage and stopped when I got to verse 6. Then I read verse 6 again. And again. And again.  I took a break and a few hours later, I read it again. This verse hits super DEEP! "Anyone who continues to live in him will not sin. But anyone who keeps on sinning does not know him or understand who he is." Woah!  That's intense! Here's the thing, I have verses BEFORE verse 6 underlined, and I have verses AFTER verse 6 underlined, but verse 1 John 3:6 IS NOT underlined in my Bible! Why? Well, I would say because I wrestle with it. This verse doesn't give me a warm, happy feeling. This verse nauseates me. It makes me sick! It makes me analyze myself. This verse has been on my mind all day! Do I understand who HE is? Do I? Do I sincerely know HIM? Because if I do, there's a lot a junk in my life that shouldn't be going on. There are words I say, thoughts I think, desires I want that quite honestly should not be in my life. Today---I have really had to evaluate myself. Read this verse. Read it over and over and over and over again. It will lead you to your knees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment