Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Prayer for Today

The last thing I wrote in my prayer journal today was this..."Have me to be more like Jesus and less like Ashley." The closer I draw to God, the more I see how bad I truly am--I see my sin so much clearer and I realize how underserving I am of God's mercy. Each day I want to become more like His son, who didn't give into temptation, who loved the people who were hard to love, who put others before himself, and who lived in the light. Ashley gives into temptation all the time, Ashley finds it easier to love those who love her, Ashley can be selfish and puts herself first a lot of the time, and there are areas of darkness in Ashley's life. My desire is to let go of myself everyday and gain more of Christ in the process. And that is my prayer for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment