Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Come Unto Me and Abide In Me

For discipleship I've started reading, "Abide in Christ" by Andrew Murray. Today I started the preface and Chapter 1 and it's crazy how God provides us exactly what we need at exactly the right time. Chapter 1 talks about how Jesus calls His followers to come unto Him in Matthew 11:28, but then in John 15:4 He says, "abide in me." 


Murray says that he fears that many people have come to Jesus, but that many have not abided in Him. "You did well to come; you do better to abide. Who would, after seeking the King's palace, be content to stand in the door, when he is invited in to dwell in the King's presence, and share with Him in all the glory of His royal life?"


He puts it well. I know that I've come to Jesus, but I've done a terrible job of abiding in Him. Murray says the reason for not abiding is a simple one---we have wandered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment