Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Heaven

Last night, I went to a 10th Avenue North concert. I wasn't expected to be blessed the way I was afterwards. The lead singer was so intentional with his audience, it was crazy! It was unlike any other Christian concert I'd been to before...this was worship! At one point during the concert he asked everyone to lift their hands up in the air--not for attention, not to act holier than thou, but to cry out to our Father, to show that we are humbled and we need Him. I looked around and got goosebumps. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. This concert was held at Cardinal Stadium in Louisville and it wasn't even half way full. My guess would be that there was about 10,000 people in attendance and to see half a stadium of people with their arms lifted was so AWEsome. But then I started thinking, this is only a teeny tiny glimpse of what heaven is going to be like. This was just a few thousand people from the Kentucky and Indiana area. What would it look like if the entire nation was in front of God doing this? What would it look like if it was the whole world? How about with ALL the children of God from centuries before us until present day? All of this thinking made my head hurt, but it blew my mind away! It really made me think how incredible heaven is going to be and how GREAT our God is! This picture does no justice for what I saw last night because this was just a fraction of the stadium and it certainly does no justice to what heaven will look like. Amen! 




"And then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea. They sang: "Blessing and honor and glory and power  belong to the one sitting on the throne and to the Lamb forever and ever!" -Revelation 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment